“Joe always wants to hire the best candidate for each position, but he never hires anyone under 30. Joe has a hidden bias but he doesn’t realize it.”
Our newest training program, Defeating Unconscious Bias, is designed to address the hidden biases that can affect hiring, promoting and team building and that challenge your ability to create an inclusive workplace.
Defeating Unconscious Bias includes a 14-minute video that shows 3 realistic vignettes that illustrate the impact of unconscious bias in the workplace and teaches 5 practical, ready-to-implement tools people can use to identify and counter their own unconscious biases.
The comprehensive Leader's Guide lays out a step-by-step outline to conduct a 90-minute training session. The training package also includes a post-test handout and Powerpoint presentation.
Each training package also includes a set of 25 reminder cards for your colleagues and trainees to keep nearby to remember the strategies learned during your training.
At the completion of the training, each participant will:
1. Become aware of the impact of unconscious biases on themselves, their colleagues, and their workplace.
2. Understand that even unconscious biases can be defeated.
3. Learn how to employ 5 practical strategies to identify and counter their own unconscious biases.
What You’ll Get:
- A DVD containing a 14-minute video depicting three realistic workplace scenarios and the steps needed to defeat unconscious bias
- A CD-ROM containing a comprehensive Leader’s Guide with all the detail needed to effectively conduct a 90-minute workshop, a Post-Test Handout, and PowerPoint slides.
- One pack of 25 wallet size Reminder Cards that will help participants retain and apply this valuable material.
- Free Domestic Ground Shipping
- Receive a One-Hour Telephone Consultation with Dr. Thiederman with Every Purchase